Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Food, Inc.

Robert Kenner's Food, Inc. is one terrific documentary. It exposes the food business for what it is. And what is that may you ask? Well, it is an industry that is cruel to both animals and human workers. It is an industry that can make people very sick. It is an industry that is bad for the planet. And it is an industry that is controlled by a few corporations.

Due to lack of time I won't go into too much detail. But there are many lessons to be learned from this film. Basically, do you want to know where your food comes from? I sure do. And I hope that most people feel the same way.

Some parts of the film were hard to watch as they involved animal cruelty. I am a vegetarian and I had to close my eyes. But issues such as food safety are included as well. And there is a segment on how poorer folks have to chose between healthy vegetables and cheaper and unhealthy fast food. These things make my blood boil.

The film features authors Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser as well as Stonyfield president Gary Hirschberg. I was not happy to find out that many of the organic manufacturers were bought up by bigger companies. The smaller companies certainly are having a hard time.

But even Walmart is getting into the act. They now have organic products. And why? Because people wanted them. And they got rid of all milk that contained the bovine growth hormone. And, again, that was because people wanted it that way.

So go out and see this film (or rent it on DVD when it comes out) and then demand that we have pure, healthy and organic food for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home