Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 11, 2009

DVD Mini Review - A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia

Everyone knows of the epic film Lawrence of Arabia. But many (perhaps most) don't know about a follow up film called A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia. It was made for British television and surfaced in the early 90s. It is the story of what happens when T.E. Lawrence (Ralph Fiennes) goes to the Paris Peace Conference after World War I. He goes to bat for Arab independence and his friend Feisal (Alexander Siddig) but we know that things did not go as he wanted them to.

Director Christopher Menual's film is a terrific piece of historical filmmaking. I learned quite a bit from the film. All of the acting is spot on and Fiennes and Siddig are outstanding. They have terrific chemisty and, yes, there is a homoerotic theme running throughout. It didn't seem like Lawrence was interested in women.

This was one of Fiennes first films and I read that Steven Spielberg was so impressed with his performance that he cast him in Schindler's list. It is easy to see why. I highly recommend that you rent this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home