Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Up

Up is Pixar's lovely new film. It is lovingly co-directed by Pete Doctor and Bob Petersen. And while not my favorite Pixar film (Ratatouille might be the one) I liked this film very much.

The story starts off with the beautiful montage of the story of Carl (Fredrickson) and Ellie. They meet by accident and it is love at first sight. They were really childhood sweethearts. We see them at various times in their lives right up until Ellie's death. The older Carl (the voice Ed Asner) can't deal with his new circumstances. He is stirred a bit out of himself when a friendly but lonely boy named Russell (voice of Jordan Nagai) knocks on his door wanting to help him. Eventually Carl decides to use balloons to help to South America to a place called Paradise Falls. It is a place that he and Ellie always wanted to go to. But because of circumstances they never made it. And somehow young Russell manages to take the trip with him.

I don't want to say more about the plot. So much has already been written about it. I will say the Christopher Plummer is the voice of Charles Muntz and he is an important part of the story. Delroy Lindo also voices one of the characters.

Some of the plot involves things that we have seen in other films. But most of it is very original. There were several times during that film that tears welled up in my eyes. You must stay for the credits because they are part of the story.

Up is a a film for children of all ages except the very young. It really gets you in the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home