Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DVD Mini Review - The Color of Lies

I always enjoy Claude Chabrol's thrillers. He is not only concerned with the crime but concerned with the people affected by the crime. And this film is no different.

The setting is in rural France and the scenery is gorgeous (courtesy of Eduardo Serra). Vivianne (Sandrine Bonnaire) is a nurse who is the household breadwinner. Her husband Rene (Jacques Gamblin) is a painter who make some money by giving lessons. Their world is turned upside down when one of Rene's young students is found raped and murdered. The new police chief Lesage (Valeria Bruni Tedeschi) has her suspicions about Rene but Vivianne is behind him all the way. She is sure that her man is innocent. Now add into the mix the crafty writer/journalist Germaine (Antionie de Caunes) who has his eye on Vivianne and you have something a bit spicy.

I won't say more about the plot. But you will find out about all of the various lies. And there are some surprises. So rent this film and enjoy its leisurely pacing, intriguing plot and fine acting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, it is a great film. I gave it four stars.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home