Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

DVD Mini Review - Maldeamores

This will be a real mini review as I have very little time right now. I must say that I enjoyed Carlos Ruiz Ruiz's take on different types of love.

This film is a Puerto Rican production and has Benicio Del Toro listed as one of its producers. It has no stars and the only actor that is known here is Luis Guzman.

One story is about how a woman finds out that her husband is cheating with her cousin on the day her grandmother dies. Her young son develops a crush on his cousin.

Another story is about how a crazed man insists that his bus driver marries him. She doesn't even know this man and, of course, refuses. He then procedes to hijack the bus at gunpoint.

The last story - and my favorite - involves an elderly woman who lives with her ex-husband. She does so because he has nowhere to go. Enter her first ex-husband who is the father of her children. He also has nowhere to go so the three of them live together. Yes, there is jealous tension. And you will find out which one she prefers.

This is a nice film with a lot of humor. The acting is very good. And it confirms that we are never too young or too old to feel love. Ruiz did a nice job with this film and I hope to see more from him in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home