Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Shall We Kiss?

This charming French film starts out with two strangers meeting by chance. Emilie (Julie Gayet) is lost and needs to find a cab to her hotel. Gabriel (Michael Cohen) can't help her find one but drives her to where she is staying. After a long evening of eating, drinking and talking Gabriel wants to kiss Emilie goodnight. She hesitates and then tells him a most fascinating story about why this might not be such a good idea.

The story involves Judith (Virginie Ledoyen) and her best friend Nicolas (Emmanuel Mouret). Judith is happily married to Claudio (Stefano Accosi). Nicolas has just broken up with someone but he soon meets Caline (Frederique Bel). I don't want to say more about the plot. It is too delicious to give away. But I can tell you that I was totally absorbed and I couldn't wait to see what happens to these people.

Mouret did not only play the male lead in Shall We Kiss? - he also wrote and directed it. He has written and directed several other films but I have never heard of him before. Well, I can tell you that I will be on the lookout for his previous films on DVD (I must check Netflix) as well as what he does in the future. I read that one critic said that he was a cross between Woody Allen and Eric Rohmer. I could see that. Also, all of the actors were very good in their roles.

I highly recommend that you see Shall We Kiss? I think that you will like it as much as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home