Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

DVD Mini Review - Ironman

Just a few words about the blockbuster superhero movie Ironman. This is not a genre that I particularly like. But if a movie has gotten great reviews and has some really good actors in it then I will take the time to see it.

Ironman is very well done and it one of the better superhero movies I have seen. Director Jon Favreau does a good job of making the comic book characters come to life. The wonderful Robert Downey, Jr. plays millionaire playboy and inventor Tony Stark. Stark is the manufacturer of weapons of mass destruction. He couldn't care less about the havoc his product reaps. But one day, during a visit to the Middle East, Stark is kidnapped and threatened by some extremists. They want him to build them a deadly missle that will kill many. While working away Tony finds some iron and builds himself a suit. He decides to use this new vehicle for fighting evil. And he decides that he will not longer manufacture those evil weapons.

Along the way Stark butts heads with his partner Odidiah (the great Jeff Bridges) who worked with Tony's father and is in favor of the weapons. Terrence Howard plays his buddy Rhodey and Gwyneth Paltrow plays his assistant Pepper Potts.

Yes, Ironman is predictable. But it is fun to watch. And I liked the fact that Tony changed his beliefs and ways. Do check this one out. It worked very well for me as a DVD. And at a little over two hours it is compact. So if you are in the mood for a good superhero movie Ironman is one of the films you should see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home