Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cannes 2009 Winners

This year I didn't even have the time to post the films in competition at this year's Cannes Film Festival. But I am posting the winners. There are a few strange choices (as always) and some that I was expecting to win a prize. There are a few that I will definitely see in the future. So, here are this years winners:

Palme d'Or

"The White Ribbon" (Michael Haneke, Germany-France-Austria-Italy)

Grand Prix

"A Prophet" (Jacques Audiard, France)

Special jury prize

Alain Resnais, "Wild Grass" (France)

Director

Brillante Mendoza ("Kinatay," Philippines)

Jury prize

"Fish Tank" (Andrea Arnold, U.K.), "Thirst" (Park Chan-wook, South Korea-U.S.)

Actor

Christoph Waltz, "Inglourious Basterds" (U.S.-Germany)

Actress

Charlotte Gainsbourg, "Antichrist" (Denmark-Germany-France-Sweden-Italy-Poland)

Screenplay

Mei Feng, "Spring Fever" (Hong Kong-France)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home