Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cannes Update

Today was the first day of the Cannes Film Festival. Fernando Meirelles's Blindness opened up the festival. Unfortunately, most of the reviews have not been good. I doubt that this will wind up winning anything at the end of the festival. However,
Julianne Moore has been widely praised for her performance in the film. Despite these reviews I will see the film. There are many times that I do not agree with the critics. And I loved the book so I am curious to see the film. But I knew that it would not be easy to adapt.

The next film in competition is an Israeli animation entitled Waltz with Bashir. I have heard that it is generating positive buzz. One person was quoted as saying that it is better than Persepolis. Now, that is saying a lot. We should know more about this film soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home