Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 21, 2008

Shine a Light

I already knew that Martin Scorsese was a master when it came to films about music.
The Last Waltz and No Direction Home are fantastic. And the same is to be said about Shine a Light, which documents The Rolling Stones when they performed two benefit concerts last year at New York's Beacon Theater.

The concerts were benefits for the Clinton Foundation. And, yes, Bill is there as is Hillary and Chelsea. But who cares because the concerts are terrific. It is a wonder to see Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood still rocking and rolling after all these years. They sang well and lesser known songs. They had a few guests too - Jack White, Buddy Guy and Christian Aguilera. I wonder where Mick gets all of his energy from

The film is beautifully shot. You feel as if you are actually there. I was exhilerated when I walked out of the theater. If you love the Rolling Stones (as I do) then this is a must.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home