Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Married Life

Director Ira Sachs (he also co-wrote the script with Oren Moverman) has created a suspense film/comedy that keeps you guessing, is funny, sexy, great to look at and well acted.

The story revolves around Harry (Chris Cooper) and Pat (Patricia Clarkson). They are middle aged and have been married for a long time. But Harry is not fulfilled. He longs to be really loved and he has met a woman that is able to do so. Her name is Kay (Rachel McAdams) and she is a war widow. Oh, I should say that the story takes place in the late 1940s. He wants to leave Pat but doesn't know how. Harry's best friend is Richard (Pierce Brosnan) who is not the marrying kind. He has many different women. But Harry knows that he can confide in him. He even introduces Kay to Richard. Richard takes a fancy to Kay. Harry comes up with a scheme of how to get rid of Pat. And Pat has a secret of her own. And that is all I will tell you.

The film captures the feeling of that time period to a tee. The story is very engrossing. And all of the actors a great. Cooper and Clarkson are totally believable as a long time married couple. And I give Brosnan a lot of credit for finding interesting projects to work on post-Bond.

All in all, this is a terrific little film and I urge you to see it while it is in theaters. If you can't do so then definitely rent it on DVD. You won't be sorry that you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home