Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, March 14, 2008

DVD Mini Review - Lake of Fire

Tony Kaye's documentary Lake of Fire, about the abortion debate, is quite a feat. It is a little over two and a half hours long and shot in black and white. It is a bit too long but nonetheless it is quite impressive.

Both sides are given equal time. Among the interviewees are Alan Derschowitz, Noam Chomsky, Peter Singer, Nat Hentoff and Randall Terry (as well as others). Many who are against abortion are very religious Christians. Some of the leaders used to be members of white supremacist groups.

I am pro-choice but I don't think that making a decision to have an abortion is an easy one. It is not like having a cyst removed. I find the anti-abortion extremists very scary.

I really wanted to see this film and I am glad that I did. But I don't know if I learned anything that I didn't already know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home