Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 14, 2007

DVD MiniReview- Rocky Balboa

I really liked the first Rocky film that came out more than 30 years ago. I thought that the second film wasn't bad either. But I think that I stopped going to see these films when the third one came out. Less than glowing reviews kept me away for the rest of them. But when Rocky Balboa came out last winter it got good reviews. I still didn't see it but a friend highly recommended that I catch it on DVD and I am glad that I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Rocky (Sylvester Stallone - who, of course, also wrote the screenplay and directed the film - and is still perfect as Rocky) is now pushing 60. He is still mourning the loss of his beloved Adrian (Talia Shire) and has to deal with his rather aloof son Robert (Milo Ventimiglia). He owns a restaurant and is still helping out his cranky brother-in-law Paulie (Burt Young). He wishes things were the way they used to be.
During a visit to a local bar he runs into an old friend, Marie (Geraldine Hughes) and they resume their friendship.

Rocky is surviving but he needs to do more than that. He gets an offer he can't refuse - an opportunity to fight the world's heavyweight champion Mason Dixon (Antonio Carver - who is a real boxer. He takes the challenge even though he is no longer young.

The reason why I like this Rocky film so much is because it deals a lot with Rocky himself rather than boxing. The film is very inspirational because its message that if you believe in something you can achieve it. And it isn't important in how you hit but how you can take the hits and get back on your feet. The DVD features deleted scene and an alternate ending). I highly recommend that you see this film. It will make you feel very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home