Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sicko

Michael Moore's Sicko is the most important film of the year - and especially for Americans. I came out of the film angry, sad and ready to fight.

In Sicko Moore takes on America's health care industry. We know that fifty million Americans are uninsured. But having insurance does not make one safe.

We see people who are sick not getting proper care. We see 9/11 workers who are denied care.
And we see healthcare systems in other countries - all of which are free.

I am not going to say more about this film. I just think that you owe it to yourself and others to see it. And if you are not an American you can see what we have to go through.

Sicko will make you laugh, it will make you cry and it will make you want to say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home