Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 11, 2008

DVD Mini Review - Vantage Point

One of the things that intrigued me about Vantage Point was the plot. The other thing was that it was filmed in Spain and there are a few parts of the film that is in Spanish.

The film is directed by first time director Pete Travis. For the most part it held my interest but with a more experienced director it would have been a better film.

We see the same story told several times through the eyes of different people including two Secret Service agents (Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox), a tourist (Forest Whitaker), a television reporter (Sigourney Weaver in a very underwritten role), the President of the US (William Hurt) and a Spanish cop (?) (Eduardo Noriega).

At times the film is suspenseful. But there are two chase scenes that go on for too long and are quite unbelievable. The bottome line is - not a bad film at all and worth seeing on DVD or cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home