Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DVD Mini Review - The Bank Job

The Bank Job is directed (very well, thank you) by Roger Donaldson from a smart script written by Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais.

I won't say much about the plot because that would spoil the fun. There are a number of twists and turns. I will say that it is based on a true story that took place in 1971 in swinging London.

Terry (Jason Stratham) owns a car dealership but he has many financial woes. Out of the blue an old friend named Martine (Saffron Burrows) shows up with a financial proposition for him - rob a bank. Of course Terry is reluctant but he needs the money. So he enlists the help of his mates Kevin (Stephen Campbell Moore) and Dave (Daniel Mays). And nothing is as it seems.

The Bank Job is intelligent and entertaining. It really keeps you on your toes. And all the acting is good. If you want to see what an adult entertainment kingpin (David Suchet), a black radical,
government officials and the royal family have in common see this film. I really liked it and I think that you will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home