Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Girl Cut in Two - MOD

Claude Chabrol's new film A Girl Cut in Two opened up in a few theaters yesterday. However, it is also playing on Movies on Demand so I rented it.

I have liked Chabrol's work for a long time. This film is pretty good but it is far from his best.

A young television weatherwoman Gabrielle (Ludivine Sagnier) falls for a much older writer named Charles (Francois Berleand). In the meantime, spoiled rich boy Paul (Benoit Magimel) falls for her. As things don't work out with the married Charles, Gabrielle falls into a deep depression. That is when Paul makes his move.

The truth is, this is an interesting film. It held my attention. And the acting is good. But in end, I tried to figure out why Gabrielle fell so hard for Charles. And why did Paul fall for Gabrielle. These questions are never answered.

If you are a Chabrol fan you might want to check this out. But don't expect more than a decent film (which, when compared with some of the junk that is out there today, is a lot).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home