Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 28, 2007

Feast of Love

Feast of Love is directed by veteran filmmaker Robert Benton. The script is written by Allison Burnett and adapted from a book by Charles Baxter.

The story is told through the eyes 0f Harry Stevenson (Morgan Freeman) a professor who is on leave. Throughout the film Harry philosophizes about the nature of love. Harry seems to be happily married to Esther (Jane Alexander) but he is a troubled man. Bradley Thomas (Greg Kinnear) owns a coffee shop and is also an artist. His marriage to Kathryn (Selma Blair) falls apart when she leaves him for a woman named Jenny (Stana Katic). Bradley then meets and falls for Diana (Radha Mitchell). She is having an affair with the married David (Billy Burke) when they meet but winds up marrying Bradley. Guess what happens? Will Bradley ever find true love? You will have to see the film to find out.

There is also the story of young love. Oscar (Toby Hemingway) works at the coffee shop. When Chloe comes in to ask about a job it is love at first sight. Their story is very touching.

Freeman, as usual, is good. I also liked Kinnear (I really felt so sorry for his character) and the bitchy Mitchell. I would have liked to have more in the way of the story of the two women but I guess the filmmakers thought it was better to focus more on hetero love. I am glad that they at least included that story because some filmmakers would not include it at all (yes, even in this day and age). And there were some nice, sensual sex scenes.

Feast of Love is not a great film. But it is a film that touched my emotions. And that is good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home