Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, March 06, 2010

North Face

A few words on North Face, which I saw earlier today.

This German film is very exciting and quite gripping. It is based on a true story which takes place in 1936. The Nazi propaganda machine is trying to get its mountain climbers to scale The Eiger. So far no one has been able to make it to the top and this would be a feather in their cap.

Two reluctant climbers - Toni (Benno Furmann) and Andreas Florian Lukas) - decide to give it a try. Enter Luise (Johanna Wokalek) who used to live nearby. She now lives in Berlin and works for a newspaper. She and Toni have some sort of relationship and at first she is excited by the prospect of them climbing the mountain. But she eventually has great doubts about it. She and her boss Henry Arau (Ulrich Tuker) cover the story for their paper. But Arau is much more interested in the story than the fate of the men.

Director Phillip Stolzl really had me on the edge of my seat. I kept waiting to see what would happen to these men (as well as two climbers from Austria). If you want to see a really good adventure film then North Face is for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home