Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Red Riding: 1983 (MOD)

The final installment of The Red Riding Trilogy is directed by Anand Tucker. The beginning of the film starts with a scene that takes place in 1974. We then get the whole picture of the police corruption that takes place in the North of England. Things start to fall into the place.

In 1983 Maurice Jobson (David Morrissey) is one of the main characters. He is in all three films but he is center stage here. He becomes more remorseful as time goes on and starts to believe that the young man who is jailed for the crimes of killing the girls is not the real murderer.

A new character introduced to us in this film is John Piggott (Mark Addy). Piggott is a lawyer who is not that successful. But he is asked to look into the false imprisonment of the above mentioned young man and he starts to have the same suspicions that Morrissey has.

There are a few other new characters (including a psychic) and many of the old characters are back. I enjoyed watching all of the films and found them quite riveting. Yes, the series is convoluted but that makes it even more fun to watch.

I like the way Tucker wraps things up and I understood how things worked in North Yorkshire. And as was the case in the other two films all of the acting is spot on. But, at the beginning of 1983 I had a feeling who the prime murderer was and I was right. So maybe I should be a detective?! In any case, if you want a good, gritty crime drama check out the Red Riding Trilogy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home