Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 29, 2010

DVD Mini Review - Of Time and the City

Of Time and the City is Terence Davies portrait of his birthplace of Liverpool. The film shows how the city has changed through the years. Through archive and more recent footage, beautiful music and poetry & prose Davies has created a visual poem of a film. I found it breathtaking and very moving. It certainly is a film about memories and how they affect us.

I highly recommend this film and I also recommend that you see his marvelous, underrated The House of Mirth (and read the book while you are at it!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home