Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 15, 2010

DVD Mini Review - Moon

A few words about Moon. It is a most interesting film. Directed by Duncan Jones (son of David Bowie) and adapted from a story by him by Nathan Parker Moon is more than just a science fiction film.

Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is an astronaut who has been on the moon for three years. His time to come home is almost at hand. He is very excited about seeing his family again. But he has an accident and soon finds out that he is not alone. Well, he had the voice of Gerty (Kevin Spacey in voice only) guide him. And he had an occasional video from his bosses or his wife. But there were no other humans there. But after the accident he finds a clone of himself. Or is he the clone? You will have to see the film to find out. I will not say more about the plot.

What I will say is that Jones is a director to watch. Besides the film there is also a short film (The Whistle) that he made several years ago on the DVD. Jones is a very creative talented man. I don't always like this type of film (I didn't like Danny Boyle's Sunshine although I think that he is a very talented director) but Jones kept be absorbed right up to the end. I can't wait to see what he does next. And Rockwell gave a terrific performance, probably his best to date. If you haven't seen this film check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home