Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, September 17, 2009

DVD Mini Review - The International

Tom Tykwer does a good job of directing The International. It moves along a crisp pace and I liked the way it looked. I would say that it is a pretty good film. It could have been even better if screenwriter Eric Singer's script were sharper. But it is still worth a rental.

Inerpol agent Louis Salinger (Clive Owen) and New York Assistant DA Eleanor Whitman (Naomi Watts) team up to bring down an international bank who is doing many illegal things. However, this is not so easy (big surprise). The bank will stop at nothing, including murder, because what they do makes a profit.

The film held my interest and I thought that a lot of the plot is applicable to what goes on today. Owen is good but I thought that Watts' role should have been better written. She is a fine actress and her character needed more meat on her bones. The supporting cast, including Armin Mueller-Stahl, Brian F. O'Byrne and Ulrich Thomsen were all good.

The film will make you think about what is going on in the world today. So for that alone it is worth checking out. And then there is Clive Owen, who is an actor I always look forward to seeing. Well, that in a nutshell, is it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home