Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, August 27, 2009

DVD Mini Review - Duplicity

I missed Duplicity when it played in theaters a few months ago. It would have been nice to see it on the big screen it does work well on DVD.

Ray Koval (Clive Owen) and Claire Stenwick (Julia Roberts) seem to have a love/hate relationship. They are always trying to game each other. Or are they? They are also a couple. They have a plan to get rich. They decide to work with rival drug companies who are both looking for their next big drug. But things are more complicated than they seem.

Some people said that they were confused while watching the film. It does go back and forth in time and place quite a bit. But I didn't find it hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to what is happening. In fact, I really enjoyed the film.

Tony Gilroy wrote and directed a smart film for adults. And while not as good as Michael Clayton it is good. Roberts and Owen have terrific chemistry. And Paul Giamatti and Tim Wilkinson are great as the rival drug company czars. Add in a wonderful Kathleen Chalfont too.

Duplicity held my interest throughout its two hour. If you haven't seen this film then by all means rent it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home