Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 07, 2009

You, the Living

I loved Roy Andersson's Songs From a Second Floor. So when I heard that his new film You, the Living was going to play in NYC I was quite excited. And I was not disappointed.

In this film the You is us the audience. The film is a series of interconnected short vignettes. You, the Living is told with dry, deadpan humor. But it is just as much sad as it is funny. It shows us how hard life is. Yet we persist in carrying on. It is about humankind. There are no lead actors but all of the performances are spot on. Andersson's films are not for everyone but if you like unusual thought provoking films do check them out.

I also must write a few words about Epitafios, and Argentinian mini series I saw on DVD. It came out on HBO Latino in 2004. It is very powerful and has you on the edge of your seat even though you know who the murderer is. And it has a great cast (including Julio Chavez and Cecilia Roth). Highly recommended.

I would love to write more but due to lack of time and tiredness (it is getting late) I will sign off. Until next time I wish you peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home