Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Video Review - Night and Fog

I found a video copy of Alan Renais' Night and Fog at the library. I always wanted to see the film so I took it out (and since my Netflix film hasn't arrived yet I just watched it).

It is a devastating record of the Nazi atrocities. It is very hard to watch. In fact, that is an understatement. But Renais alternates between color and black and white. It is very well put together. And at only 30 minutes it packs quite a punch.

At the end the narrator indicates that something like this could happen again. And as the film was made in 1955 we can clearly see that it has more than once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home