Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

DVD Mini Review - Sunshine

Danny Boyle's Sunshine is a feast of visual effects. Written by Alex Garland the film is about a group of astronauts who are trying to save the sun 50 years into the future. Ah, but things go terribly wrong and many things try to prevent them from completing their mission.

There isn't much character development in the film but the story is the main focus. The actors are all fine - they include Cillian Murphy, Rose Byrne, and Michelle Yeoh - given what they have to work with. They are merely stick figures.

Sunshine is a good film and there were a number of moments of great suspense. Most of the film makes sense but the last part of the film threw a left curve that didn't fit. There are other futuristic films that I like better but I definitely recommend this film if you want to see a movie about something that could possibly happen in the future
(who knows, right?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home