Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, August 03, 2007

DVD Mini Review - Poison Friends

Emmanuel Bourdieu has directed an intriguing little film entitled Poison Friends. It won an award in Cannes.

The film starts off slowly but by the middle of the film I was totally involved. It revolves around a graduate student named Andre (Thibault Vincon). He befriends a group of other students who are one year behind him. They become enthralled with his knowledge. He tries to "form" them by putting them down. He is a real know it all. Eloi (Malik Zidi) in particular is obsessed with Andre. But Andre is a pathological liar. I will not say more about the story but it is certainly a good study of a certain type of person. You will find out why the film is called Poison Friends.

Poison Friends may not be an outstanding film but it is a good one that will give you food for thought (about people that you know - and we've all known someone like this). And it is certainly worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home