Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

This latest Harry Potter film, directed by David Yates, is not as good as the last two films. It is by no means a bad film. It just isn't on the same level as the previous two films. I blame that on Michael Goldenberg's screenplay, which should have been tighter, and the editing, which should also have been tightened up.

The films all have the same theme - dark forces are out to get Harry. This time one of his main opponents is Delores Umbridge (Imelda Staunton) who takes over the Hogwarts school. The three leads - Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron) and Emma Watson (Hermione) are all fine - with Watson being the best. But the main reason I like to see these films is because where else can you see so many fantastic actors in one film. Besides Staunton (who is the best one in the film) the cast includes: Fiona Shaw, Richard Griffiths, Ralph Fiennes, Brendan Gleeson, Gary Oldman, David Thewlis, Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon, Julie Walters, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Robbie Coltrane, and Helena Bonham Carter. Whew! I hope that I didn't leave anyone out.

There are rumors that Stephen Rea might be in the next one. I do hope that is true because he is a great actor. In the meantime I will take off on my broomstick. See you all soon!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always see the Harry Potter movies because I like a bit of magic in my life. As to broomsticks: this reminds me of a long ago ('70s)interview of a (white) witch by a magazine. When the witch (who lived in London) said that she was going to travel to an international meeting of witches, the interviewer wrote: I gave the broom in the corner a meaningful look (which I thought was hilarious) at which she said,
"no by plane, of course".
Anyway, I love the Harry Potter movies, but liked the first one best. Still, can't wait for the last one, in the meantime, I'm considering buying the book.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home