Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Arctic Tale

Arctic Tale is a beautifully documentary directed by Adam Ravetch and Sarah Robinson. It is basically the story of a young polar bear and her family and a young walrus and her family. Nanu the polar bear and Seela the walrus are born at about the same time. The film shows how they and their families struggle to stay alive. This is something that is hard to do because the layer of ice melting each year at a faster rate.

The directors did a fantastic job of photographing this magnificent wilderness. I am sure that it wasn't an easy task. Queen Latifah's narration was warm and fuzzy and I liked it more than I thought I would. The narration was co-written by Kristen Gore (daughter of Al).

I was happy to see children in the audience. They need to know how this will impact their future. Arctic Tale has a message for all of us. If the polar bears and walruses disappear then humankind will not be far behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home