Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cannes Film Festival Awards Winners

Here is the list of the winners at this year's Cannes Film Festival.

Palm D'or - The Wind That Shakes the Barley (Ken Loach)

Grand Prixe - Flandres (Bruno Dumont)

Best Director - Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Babel)

Best Screenplay - Pedro Almodovar (Volver)

Best Actress(es) - The women from Volver - Penelope Cruz, Carmen Maura, Lola Duenas, Blanca Portillo, Yohana Cobo and Chus Lampreave

Best Actor(s) - The men from Days of Glory - Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri, Roschdy Zem and Sami Bouajila

Jury Prize - Red Road (Andrea Arnold)

I am quite pleased with the winners and I am especially happy for Ken Loach. After so many years of making quality films he is finally getting his due. Congratulations to all the winners!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home