Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 03, 2009

DVD Mini Review - Into the Storm

I have had major computer virus problems and I am now back in action. But right now I do not want to stay on the computer all that much. It has been quite stressful. So just a few words about the Emmy award winning HBO film Into the Storm.

I guess that Into the Storm picks up where The Gathering Storm left off. Britain is involved with the war and not everyone supports Winston Churchill (Brendan Gleeson). It is a trying time for him. But he stands by his guns. He also tries to convince Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Len Cariou) to join him against the Nazis. The war takes its toll on his marriage to Clemmie (Janet McTeer) but they stick together until the end.

I liked the film but not as much as The Gathering Storm. Thaddeus O'Sullivan does a good job of directing the film but I think it might have been better as a mini series. It is good but it could have been great. Gleeson is a great actor and he gets the voice to a tee. But he didn't capture Churchill's look as well as Albert Finney did. I liked McTeer and Cariou.

While not as outstanding as I hoped it would be I still think that Into the Storm is worth seeing on DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home