Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, November 27, 2009

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

The two main reasons to see The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans are Werner Herzog and Nicolas Cage.

Herzog is an amazing director and his work is on par in this film. I really liked the look of the film and there are some very interesting scenes that include some lovely creatures. The script, written by William Finkelstein, is good but not great. Herzog is such a good director that he gets the most out of it. The story held my interest but I was much more impressed when something happened. I certainly will not say what.

In this film Cage has his best role in a long time. His Lt. Terence McDonagh is a drug addicted, nutty character. He really blows off steam and seems over the top but I found him a lot of fun to watch. The rest of the cast is fine but it doesn't matter because this is Cage's film.

So if you want to be entertained by a good black comedy check out The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home