Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, November 06, 2008

DVD Mini Review - Tuya's Marriage

Tuya's Marriage, which takes place in Mongolia, is a simple but beautiful film. Lovingly directed by Quanan Wang, the film takes us to a part of the world that we know little about.

Tuya (Yu Nan) is the breadwinner of the family. She has to support her disabled husband and two children. But one day she has an accident of her own is told by the doctor that she cannot do this heavy type of work anymore. Tuya's husband Batar suggests that they get a divorce so that she can remarry a man who can help her. Tuya agrees with this after giving it some thought. But she wants the man she marries to take care of not only her and the children but Batar as well. She has many suitors but none who will take on Batar. I really felt sorry for Tuya and her plight.

I love the way the story plays out. And Tuya's friend and neighbor Sen'ge plays a big part in the film. The cinematography is marvelous. Yu Nan is terrific as Tuya. I highly recommend this to anyone who loves world cinema as well as a good story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home