Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 24, 2007

DVD Review - Russian Dolls

This delightful film is Cedric Klapisch's follow up to his hit film L"Auberge Espagnole (The Spanish Apartment).

Once again we follow the trials and tribulations of the protagonist Javier (Romain Duris). He is a writer who is trying to make ends meet. He still has feelings for his ex Martine (Audrey Tautou) but also has a roving eye. When he has to leave his current pad he moves in with his lesbian friend Isabelle (Cecile De France).

He is commissioned to write something in English and heads off to stay with his friend Wendy (Kelly Reilly) in London who is also a writer. It just so happens that Wendy's brother William (Kevin Bishop) has left for Russia because he fell in love with a Russian woman.

I won't bother to tell you about the romantic ups and downs of the film. You will have to see it for yourself to find out. The film is fun and entertaining. There are a few sequences that are quite silly. But, for the most part, I enjoyed the film. And I loved seeing how people in Europe travel from country to country with the greatest of ease. It made me (once again) wish that I lived in Europe instead of the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home