Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cannes Film Festival 2007 opens

Cannes Film Festival 2007 - which is the 60th year for the festival - opened up today with Wong Kar Wai's English language film debut My Blueberry Nights. The film stars Nora Jones as a woman who travels across America in search of understanding herself and others. My Blueberry Nights also stars Jude Law, Natalie Portman, David Strathairn and Rachel Weisz. The reviews have been very mixed. Some critics liked Jones and some people thought that she was too bland. Overall, Portman's performance seems to have gotten the best reviews. Judging from the trailer the films look lovely and I think that I would like to see it (but I'm not certain if it will be on the big screen or DVD. That depends when it is released and what other films come out at the same time that I want to see). Judging from what I've read I do not think that My Blueberry Nights will win any prizes at the festival (I could be wrong and the jury could surprise but I kind of doubt it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home