Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Paris je T'aime

Paris je Taime is made up of 18 short films of about five minutes long. Each short film focuses on a different section of Paris, the city of lights. And each film, in its own way, has to do with love.

I am not going to give you summaries of all of the short films. I will say that most of the films work. But even the few that don't work aren't really bad because they are so short. So they all fit in together rather nicely.

A few that I really liked were - Sergio Castellito and Miranda Richardson directed by Isabel Coixet; Ben Gazzara and Gena Rowlands directed by Gerard Depardieu (who is also in that short film); Alfonso Curan directing Nick Nolte and Ludivine Sagnier; Steve Buscemi directed by the Coen Brothers; and Catalina Sandino Moreno directed by Walter Salles. There were others that were really good as well.

I understand that the producers of the film are already preparing for films to be made in other cities. One is New York - which seems definite. And another one is Tokyo - which doesn't seem as definite (the flyer I got at the theater mentioned China but didn't say in what city).

All in all, this was a very good filmgoing experience for me and I highly recommend this film to anyone who truly loves cinema.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home