Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cannes Update

I wish that I could write a more detailed update but I just don't have the time. I will say that there were more films that I have read about in the last two days and I will give a mention to them just so you have an idea of what was screened.

In competition films that I have read some good things about: The Edge of Heaven (Fatih Akin), The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Julian Schnabel - starring Mathieu Amalric), Silent Light (Carlos Reygada), Paranoid Park (Gus Van Sant). I have also heard some good things about Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof. Some in competition films that I have not heard good things about are The Man from London, Breath and Tehilim. I really can't say what will win on Sunday but I do know that the more good films the better.

Also of note - A Mighty Heart, which is directed by Michael Winterbottom and stars Angelina Jolie as Marianne Pearl (based on her book), has gotten good reviews. It is not in competition.

I will try to write more soon and I will certainly post the winners after we find out who they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home