Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Berlin Film Festival

The Berlin Film Festival (Berlinale) runs from February 8 through February 18. It always showcases a good mix of world cinema and American films. And this year is no exception. There will be six Israeli films shown throughout the festival. American films being shown include The Good Shepherd and Letters from Iwo Jima. There will be a number of interesting sounding documentaries featured including Los Invisibles which consists of five short films examining some of the world's overlooked problems and the people that are affected by them. The short films were directed by Fernando Leon, Isabel Coixet, Wim Wenders, Mariano Barroso and Javier Corcuera. The entire film was produced by my favorite actor on the planet - Javier Bardem.

The festival opens up with My Vie en Rose which is a film about Edith Piaf.

The jury is made up of:

Paul Schrader (jury head)
Hiam Abbass
Mario Adorf
Gael Garcia Bernal
Willem Dafoe
Nansun Shi
Molly Malene Stensgaard

I will post some updates on the festival once it is underway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home