Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, January 28, 2007

SAG Awards

Screen Actors Guild

THEATRICAL MOTION PICTURES

Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Little Miss Sunshine

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role Helen Mirren - The Queen

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role Forest Whitaker - The Last King of Scotland

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role Eddie Murphy - Dreamgirls

No big surprises here. I do hope that there is at least one surprise at the Oscars. I think that it will be in the Best Picture category. I do not think that Little Miss Sunshine will win because (at least in part) the directors were not nominated an Oscar.

All of the Best Actress contenders were wonderful (and I absolutely love Judi Dench) but I do so want Helen Mirren to win. And I am almost certain that she will.

Forest Whitaker was excellent in The Last King of Scotland but I would love it if Peter O'Toole won for Venus. It doesn't look likely but one never knows (that would be a great surprise).

Both Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy were good in Dreamgirls but I wouldn't mind it if someone else in both categories picked up the big prize.

The Oscars are exactly four weeks from tonight so we will not have to wait too long to find out who will win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home