Movie News and Views

I am launching my new blog Movie News and Views which is dedicated to the love and appreciation of cinema. I will post reviews of films currently playing in theaters, new DVD releases and old favorites. There will be postings on news and information regarding upcoming films. I will also have postings on actors, actresses, directors, etc. that I admire. In the future, when the blog is more established, I hope to post interviews with people who are involved in the filmmaking process.

Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Times Talk with Javier Bardem 11/28/2007

I just want to make a brief posting on this. I could go on and on about the evening but I really don't have the time. So here it goes - On Wednesday, November 28 of this year Lynn Hirschberg, an editor of the NY Times Sunday Magazine, interviewed Senor Javier Bardem for the Times Talk series.

Now, this was my first Times Talks. They are pretty expensive (but not as expensive as the New Yorker Festival) but I had to go to this. It was worth every penny.

JB was intelligent, sensitive and funny (not to mention very handsome!!). He spoke about the acting process and some of his films. He was very generous in his praise of other actors and directors (Al Pacino, Daniel Day Lewis, Sean Penn, Julian Schnabel, Antonio Banderas, etc.).

It was a terrific evening and when I get the chance I hope to expand on this more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home